One of the fall trends that I’m really excited about is the lean towards neutral colors in clothes, accessories, and even beauty products on the runways and the red carpets. I love the natural, clean, minimalist colors like beige, cream, khaki, and gray that look beautiful on all skin tones and lend our focus to the woman rather than the clothes, for a change. Neutral colors also great when paired with statement jewelry pieces! I did some research on the best way to wear these natural, organic colors, and choose my five favorite ways to wear the trend, along with complimentary pieces from my own line for each look.
1. Nude cocktail dresses paired with black pumps. One of the first things I noticed when looking at celebrities wearing solid nude and cream-colored dresses was that they most often paired them with black heels. Alberta Ferretti did this on his Fall 2010 runway, pairing nude-colored satin dresses, complete with girly black ribbon accents and black heels to correlate. Reese Witherspoon also does this (below) and looks stunning. My Nyla Starburst Earrings in Black would be the perfect piece to tie in black pumps with a nude dress. I love this nude-colored Kitson dress with black accents on the shoulders and these amazing black Stuart Weitzman pumps from Bluefly.com.
2. Gray over-sized sweaters. Who doesn’t love a big comfy sweater to throw over some jeans when it’s chilly outside? This year’s hot color for over-sized sweaters is the neutral color, gray. 3.1 Phillip Lim had gray sweaters galore featured on his Fall 2010 runway, like the super bulky one seen below. While a slouchy gray sweater looks great paired over jeans, the always fashion-forward Sarah Jessica Parker shows us that you can also wear it with a skirt and mini boots (below right). Any of my jewelry in Gray Pebble would look great with an over-sized gray sweater, and I’m featuring this color in my Daily Deals sale this week! Check out how great this gray over-sized sweater from Top Shop looks with my Nell Bib Statement Necklace in Gray Pebble.
3. Red dresses paired with nude heels. Nude heels are a must have for fall, and they look great when paired with a red cocktail dress, like Diane Kruger, Denise Richards, Kerry Washington and many other gorgeous celebs show us in the pictures below. Valentino paired some of his beautiful red mini dresses with nude heels on his fall 2010 runway too. A statement gold cuff, like my Ainsley Cuff in Gold, would be the perfect way to accessorize the red dress-nude heel duo without looking too gaudy. I love this BCBG one-shoulder dress seen here to the right. Just add some nude pumps and you've got this look down!
4. Khaki trench coats and jackets. Everyone (even Texans like myself), needs to have a few jackets and trenches that you can throw on with anything and everything. For Fall 2010, khaki jackets are the go-to jacket when your on the run and need something to keep you warm. Dries Van Noten had plethora of khaki jackets on his fall runway, and celebrities have been looking so sophisticated and put together in khaki jackets, like Alexa Chung does below in her trench. Gold hoops always look great with a casual outfit and my Elicia Beaded Hoop Earrings in Rose would go great with a khaki jacket or trench, like this Aquascutum Full-length jacket to the left.
5. Glamorous nude gowns. One prevailing trend at the awards shows and special evenings on the red carpet has been nude colored gowns. Whether you have deep bronzed skin like model Natalia Vodianova (below left), or porcelain fair skin like Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss, this color looks amazing on any skin tone. Gorgeous, elaborate nude gowns were seen on Christian Dior’s fall 2010 runway, like this one to the left. My new Sona Chandelier Earrings in Rose would be a gorgeous addition to one of these breathtaking gowns, like the Terani nude beaded evening dress to the left.