My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.
If not, visit http://blog.kendrascott.com
and update your bookmarks.

On My Radar: Cocktail Rings

Every time I flip through my People or Vogue magazine, I see celebrities and models alike bedazzling their attire with bold cocktail rings. These timeless embellishments are always a classic, but they are especially hot right now for fall! In Harper Bazaar’s list of the best buys for fall, two of their 14 featured items were cocktail rings, and, in case you’re thinking ahead, they also made their way into several Spring 2011 collections, including Derek Lam and Proenza Schouler.

Cocktail rings are one of my favorite ways to accessorize, and several rings from my own collection have been featured in magazines like O, The Oprah Magazine, InStyle, Good Housekeeping, and Ladies Home Journal. My Otylia Cocktail Ring in Anise on Gold-tone, which was featured in InStyle last month, comes in all kinds of fun colors that would add a brilliant pop to any outfit.
And good news for those of you who share my love for this statement accessory, my Ulyssia Filigree Ring, just so happens to be on sale as one of my Daily Deals this week!

I especially love the fact that cocktail rings are so versatile! While they look fabulous with gowns and party dresses, they can also be the perfect finishing touch when paired with jeans and a casual top. I’m obsessed with the three gorgeous rings that Blake Lively wore at the Toronto Film Festival’s premiere of The Town. The three of them paired together gave her classy, red sequin gown a rocker-like edge.

I really loved the cream-colored cocktail ring that Eva Mendes wore with her gorgeous emerald green dress at the London premiere of The Other Guys.

Rachel Zoe proves these rings aren’t only for red carpets. She sported a geometric-looking cocktail ring (and chic glasses) at a show during New York Fashion week that added some color to her all black ensemble.

Perfect for night or day, elegant dresses or casual jeans, the cocktail ring is a must have for your jewelry box this year. It's a piece that can not only be worn for both fall and spring, but will undoubtedly continue to be a hit in the future.