My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds.
If not, visit http://blog.kendrascott.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wild About Animal Prints

From department stores to runways, animal prints have been a common thread in the Fall 2010 fashion scene. Every time I open a magazine, I see celebs sporting stand-out prints like leopard, zebra, and python in their clothes and accessories. Animal prints have always been in and out of fashion, but this fall they have made a major comeback, showing up in tops, dresses, shoes, bags, and everything in between.

On the Fall 2010 runway, leopard prints especially had a strong presence both as dominant pieces, and as accents. Balmain
incorporated the powerful leopard print into some of his edgy dresses (upper-left), while Dries Van Noten used leopard as accent, like this scarf that topped off his military look (right).

I love Hillary Rhoda's See by Chloe dress that she wore to an Intermix event in New York. Her coral Miu Miu shoes add the perfect subtle splash of color to finish off the look.


Python print has also been on the fall fashion scope, and several celebs have added this fun, edgy print to their everyday looks.

Stella McCartney and Tory Burch have incorporated python printed clutches, totes, bags, and shoes in their line, and Prada has used the print in skirts and dresses.

I love the way Anouck LePere paired this python printed Prada skirt over her Dolce & Gabbana dress.

The animal print trend has also influenced jewelry, and I have some of my own pieces would be the perfect compliment to this safari look. Turquoise works in harmony with either the leopard or the python print, and my Alexandra Dangle Earrings in Cayenne would look stunning with a leopard dress or python clutch. The Tigers Eye stone has an animal print look, and any of my items that feature this stone, such as my Hutton Modern Earrings in Tigers Eye or my MoxiePendant Necklace in Tigers Eye, would go great with any animal print. and are featured as my Daily Deals this week.

Whichever way you choose to wear animal prints this fall, the golden rule to this trend is that you can only wear one at a time, otherwise the bold prints will be too overwhelming. I don't know about you, but
I am just so excited that I can bring my leopard heels out of the closet once again!